Using Perfect Wiki you can not only create documents from scratch, but also import already existing files into your database
What import options we support:
- Markdown and text files (.md, .txt)
- Microsoft Word files (.docx)
- ZIP archives with Perfect Wiki backup or Microsoft Teams Wiki backup (.zip)
- HTML files (.html, .htm, .mht)
- EML files (.eml)
To import these files, just click Import (bottom right corner) and drag and drop files from your desktop.
Frequently asked questions
How to import from Built in Wiki?
- Add Perfect Wiki to the channel with your built-in wiki content
- Follow the link to open built in wiki files in SharePoint
- In SharePoint, select a folder with the name of your channel. Click “...“ then “Download”
- Click “Import” button below and select recently downloaded zip archive
How to import from PDF?
Due to various PDF files' contents and formats right now we can't import them to Perfect Wiki. However, you can embed it right into your Perfect Wiki page. See more here: 🔗 Attaching Files. If the case is vital for you, contact our support team to discuss it.
How to import from Google Docs?
- Open your Google Doc file
- Save it as a .docx file
3. Click ‘Import’ and choose your file
How to import from Perfect Wiki backup?
To import files from your previous Perfect Wiki backup, you have to:
- Choose a Perfect Wiki channel, where you store the needed data
- Export your channel data in HTML format
- Then you're to open the channel where you want to import your data
- Click Import
- Choose the downloaded HTML file with your backup data
How to import from another knowledgebase system?
For now we support import only from Microsoft Teams built in Wiki. However, you can always contact our support to discuss your case.
Didn't find your question? Contact our support team email@example.com or through the chat box.